Hide trigger variables in UI by default
Problem to Solve
Currently all variables are shown in UI: http://docs.gitlab.com/ce/ci/triggers/README.html#pass-build-variables-to-a-trigger
This is sometimes problematic, e.g. when you pass individual secrets to the build, which could not be placed in a protected variable and should not be visible to all team members.
It can also be problematic even for some non-protected variables if they are unintentionally passed around in a screenshot/screen sharing.
- trigger variables is the thing being touched upon here and is either shown or hidden.
- Variable names will still be visible by default
- Variables values will be censored by default with 6 bullet point symbols
- Variable values are toggle-able with a button
- The button is only available to maintainers
- even if they overwrite an environment variable which is protected, the same functionality still applies as this show/hide functionality is only available to maintainers.
- When a user does not have permission to view those values, the buttons will simply not be there.
Table css measures:
font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; border: 1px solid #dfdfdf; padding: 4px 6px; width: 50%;
Links / references
We should add a new section to https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/ci/variables/ describing how this feature works.