Meta / Epic / Collection issues
Issue for brainstorming.
@markpundsack we both want and need something that can be used as such. Let's brainstorm here a bit
- collect multiple issues, MRs
- track status of those (for instance, show task completion, whether there is a linked MR, whether the attached milestone is upcoming)
- easily add new issues (whether they exist or not)
1. a special markdown syntax for defining issue lists
You could define something like
<issues> - ref to an issue - ref to another issue </issues>
which would be translated in a neat list / table, to which you can easily add new issues.
Proposed here: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/19624
3. Make task lists more powerful
When making a task list, transform bare issue links to the descriptions and provide some meta data instead.
- [ ] #12399 - [ ] #12479
- Super amazing issue 4/8 tasks completed - 8.12 (due Sept 22nd) - assigned to Job
- Literally the best issue ever DONE - 8.12 (due Sept 22nd) - assigned to Mark
- zenhub epics https://www.zenhub.com/product