Custom Emoji design exploration
Make custom emoji possible as a way to let communication be more expressable by multiple people.
Award emoji menu
Sections and icon usage:
|Food & drink||
|Travel & places||
Note: Icons may be visually different from the mockups!
Default aware emoji menu:
- Includes handy reactions + hint display
- Hint changes to chosen emoji + shows name and shortcut phrase(s) (can be multiple if we implement aliases)
- Button expands horizontally when clicked
- Hint changes to point to the menu/chooser + changes skin color
Wyiwyg emoji button in editor:
This can still be a separate iteration, but should be really simple to add, which adds a lot of value for making custom emoji more discoverable.
- Excludes handy reactions menu as we are now less context aware
Note:_ Copy should change to
Pick your emojias we're in a comment context. (thanks @smcgivern)
- Makes it available to all group members with a customization action in the left sidebar outside of settings
- When adding new emoji, checking for name collisions in ancestor groups and descendent groups
If member left group/is removed:
- Show the user if they still exist, otherwise move this to the ghost user: https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/profile/account/delete_account.html#associated-records
- will not transfer custom emoji in the beginning (we may support this at a later stage)
If we would supported aliases
Slack sync of custom emoji and aliases: