Render a 403 when showing an access denied message
What does this MR do?
This renders a 403 instead of a 404 when an access denied message is passed to the helper.
This is to avoid nginx rendering the default
404.html as configured in omnibus-gitlab. If the static HTML is rendered, the passed error message would not be shown.
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry added, if necessary
- Documentation created/updated
- API support added
- Tests added for this feature/bug
- Conform by the code review guidelines
- Has been reviewed by a UX Designer
- Has been reviewed by a Frontend maintainer
- Has been reviewed by a Backend maintainer
- Has been reviewed by a Database specialist
EE specific content should be in the top level
- Conform by the merge request performance guides
- Conform by the style guides
- If you have multiple commits, please combine them into a few logically organized commits by squashing them
- Internationalization required/considered
- If paid feature, have we considered GitLab.com plan and how it works for groups and is there a design for promoting it to users who aren't on the correct plan
End-to-end tests pass (
package-qamanual pipeline job)
What are the relevant issue numbers?
Closes #6259 (closed)