Refactor Service Desk's bot user
What does this MR do?
This MR makes adding user bot accounts easier by introducing the enum
support_bot as only value for now) and stop using
boolean database column. We also replace specific
support_bot? checks with the more generic
bot? where it makes sense.
No need to
- add a
booleandatabase column e.g.
- extend existing
|| alert_bot?in several places
- extend the enum
- add new
CE backport gitlab-ce!26671 (merged)
What are the relevant issue numbers?
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry added, if necessary
- Documentation created/updated via this MR
- Documentation reviewed by technical writer or follow-up review issue created
- Tests added for this feature/bug
- Tested in all supported browsers
- Conforms to the code review guidelines
- Conforms to the merge request performance guidelines
- Conforms to the style guides
- Conforms to the database guides
- Link to e2e tests MR added if this MR has Requires e2e tests label. See the Test Planning Process.
EE specific content should be in the top level
- For a paid feature, have we considered GitLab.com plans, how it works for groups, and is there a design for promoting it to users who aren't on the correct plan?
- Security reports checked/validated by reviewer