VersionEye - Settings panel for GitLab Version Service
Once GitLab Version Service is activated (#864), we need a panel to configure it. There are a couple of options we can activate and use for this feature.
- In the Settings menu of a repository, a new option appears: Shield.
In the settings panel, we can
- (EE only) choose to be warned by email when a license violation occurs
- (EE only) define which license is mandatory for each dependency. If we detect that a dependency does not have a given license, we will trigger an error during the checking process.
- (EE and CE) define which dependencies have to be checked. The dependencies that are marked as ignored won't be checked at all.
- (CE only) Have to provide an API key before being able to use the feature. When entering the API key, we send an Ajax call to verify the validity of the key. A loading symbol appears next to the input field while we wait for the response. If the key is wrong, we display an error message immediately.
EE settings panel:
CE settings panel:
Links / references
- Part of the meta issue #744 (closed)