Combine board config and board filter for milestones
- Currently, you can associate a milestone with a board config. If you don't associate a milestone with a board's config, you can filter on milestone in the board filter itself.
- This new design combines the two. There's a dropdown that determines the board's milestone. When you navigate to a board, there is a default milestone selected. But you can easily select a new milestone from the dropdown itself. So the default is equivalent to the board config from before, and selecting a new milestone is equivalent to as if you wanted to filter on a milestone from before.
- Designs from &293 (comment 111911864).
- You need some way in the UI to specify the default milestone.
- There values are what can appear in the milestone dropdown, which correspond to https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/milestones/#special-milestone-filters:
None or Any- All issues. This is the default selected if the user doesn't select one as the default during board creation.
None- Issues without a milestone.
Any- Issues with a named milestone.
%11.5(A named milestone)
- So there needs to be way where you can search on all the relevant named milestones and you can select one.
- As part of this issue, we need to remove the milestone fields from the existing board config modal and the filter bar.
- This applies to both group boards and project boards.
Mockup below is in draft. Need to update and finalize.
Out of scope
- In the future, issues and mrs can have multiple milestones. When we have that, we need to support multiple named milestones as part of this dropdown. #5135.