Pipeline dashboard view MVC
A dashboard can be useful to see the overall status of your pipelines (and other information) in a simple way, which lets you see trouble areas that might your attention at a glance. Right now in order to do this you'd have to either be monitoring email closely to look for pipeline failures and keep track of trends in your head, or go to each of the project pages and look at the pipeline history manually.
- Team manager who wants to see if all the pipelines for the teams he manages are green, so that he can go ask about any that look like they are in trouble. This user would probably be mostly interested in one group. One use case still to think about is what if a company has just one or two very large repos that everyone works in - this will be less useful because the whole company is working in one space.
- Portfolio manager who wants to know how overall development for the company is going, so is looking potentially across even multiple groups.
- Implement a specific view for pipelines (including multi-project pipelines) that is suitable for TV monitors
- You should be able to drill down from an individual tile to the pipeline page.
- Allowing users to select what they are interested in from across the instance. Could be, to keep it simple, starred projects for a user.
- For the MVC, we're only going to report on master but a future iteration could include a view into branch development.
Concourse shows a overall view of status of selected services. The key items it's showing are:
- Status of up to the last 3 pipelines (whether they were success or fail)
- If a pipeline is in progress now, what is it's status (pending, running, etc.)
- If not - how long since the last one finished?
- An overall status based on if the last 3 pipelines were green