[Meta] HA package product
Similar to Chef make Omnibus packages that are HA aware out of the box.
This would make it much easier to set up HA for our customers.
We probably have to add NFS/DRBD/CephFS code since we have files as well.
@jacobvosmaer can you link to the relevant docs/code from Chef?
- Redis HA (shipped in 8.14)
- Postgres HA In progress Aiming for 9.4
- GitLab app tier HA (omnibus-gitlab#2452)
Licensing detection (for EEP) within Omnibus package (omnibus-gitlab#2442 (closed))
- HA Proxy (Load balancer) (omnibus-gitlab#2443)
- NFS / Storage (omnibus-gitlab#2472)
- Monitoring of HA components (omnibus-gitlab#2456)
- Work on having the configuration unified and automated (this will make the whole setup feel magical and simple to setup) (omnibus-gitlab#2478)