Test plan for "Suggest approvers based on code owners"
This test plan is for #5382 (closed) and extends test plan #7286 for #6961 (closed). The feature displays a list of suggested approvers based on the files changed and any matching rules in
- Only suggests approvers, does not assign them
- Only users (specified by handle or email) are supported, not groups.
- Suggested approvers are displayed while editing a merge request (not viewing)
- EE-only (Starter)
For more information see the Google Testing Blog article about the 10 minute test plan and this wiki page from an open-source tool that implements the ACC model.
Merge Requests are:
- Show tips about using the feature when appropriate
- Ineligible approvers are shown but can't be selected
- Only display code owners for files included in the MR
- Only include code owners from the target branch, not the source branch
Scenario: Show tips
- If no
CODEOWNERSfile is present show a tip about using the feature
- If a
CODEOWNERis not an eligible approver show them in the list but disabled and with a tooltip explaining they are not an eligible approver.
Scenario: Displaying approvers
- Check that all relevant approvers are displayed:
- Should not include code owners of files that aren't included in the MR
- Should not include code owners from source branch
- Should include all code owners of files included in the MR
Scenario: Selecting approvers
- Check that ineligible approvers are shown but can't be selected (possible FE test? Check that ineligible approvers aren't rendered as links? Otherwise e2e test)
- Add a different
CODEOWNERSfiles to target and source branches and check that a new MR displays the expected code owners from the target
CODEOWNERS file parsing covered by existing tests and !7368 (merged)