Cumulative flow diagram in board
- This would be similar to a burndown chart in that it would be used by a team within a single milestone to see how their issues are being completed.
- It is more advanced than a burndown chart since you get more information.
- Mechanically, it it stacked chart. (So imagine stacked colors in the mockup below.) And it is fully integrated into a board.
- Suppose you have already scoped your board to milestone
11.5. Suppose in your board, you have workflow stages (represented as lists), with
- The chart is a stacked chart with those lines. So
Closedis the last stage, so it is at the bottom. And then you have
In QAstacked on top of that, and then
In review, and then
All issuesrepresents all issues in that milestone. (So in the mockup below, you see that the scope increased in the middle of the milestone, since
All issueswent up.) Note that
All issuesis not stacked above the other lines. This is how a cumulative diagram works. So the design should somehow make that clear.
- We would have a version for both issue count and issue weight.
- This is a great article on why this visualization is very powerful, and we can add additional helper UI elements to illustrate it. (I.e. show horizontal / vertical gaps between lines.)
A user permitted me to share that they are already creating something similarly themselves. This is what it looks like