Product discovery for metrics in Security Dashboard
Problem to solve
We want to make the Security Dashboard suitable for Directors. This requires that metrics and historical data are shown, so Directors can understand how the team is performing. If they introduce a new process or a change to an existing one, they should be able to figure out if the change is increasing performances (e.g., response time) or not, so they can keep it or revert to the previous one.
We need to figure out:
- which data we need to show for Directors
- if we already have this data or not
- how to make this data actionable
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
Directors will use the Security Dashboard to track their teams' work.
We intend to iterate heavily on this well into the future. Therefoe I propose the following MVC. You'll notice there are a few changes from what was designed in past iterations, however this new design will allow us to evolve this dashboard with minimal changes that are designed to build upon one another.
New for this version
- Ability to sort the dashboard by all, active, or dismissed vulnerabilties.
- The scanner filter will now move to the top of the dashboard where future filters will reside. This will enable the user to filter the entire dashboard much like one would do on Google Analytics.
- The chart with time-view toggle (day/week/year) hover state. Here the user will be able to vulnerabilities charted by severity. The user can hover on any point and see how many vulnerabilities there are for a given severity at a given time. The user can change the granularity of the chart based on day/week/month, much like Google Analytics does it.
- The list will not change from the previous iteration, nor will it's functionality.
I wanted to get a change and address all the great suggestions the helped drive the vision of the Executive view in the group security dashboard.
|Vision / Direction: Executive view in the group security dashboard.|