Quick action to add/remove issue to epic from issue
Problem and proposal
- Right now you can add an issue to an epic, only from the epic itself.
- This use case is fine when you already have an epic open and you are pasting issues into the epic. But if you are currently working on an issue (and have it open), and you want to quickly assign it to an existing epic you know about, you can't do that.
- This issue is the first step in that direction. By using a quick action, you can quickly assign an issue to an epic, without leaving the issue itself.
- From within an issue, add/remove yourself to an epic.
/epic <&epic-id | Epic URL > Set epic /remove_epic Remove epic
/epicquick action behavior is similar to the
/duplicateas it supports both
&1234and pasting an epic URL (e.g.
- Result should update the sidebar of the issue, preferably without refreshing the page. But if that's not possible, we can do it in a future iteration.
- Same quick action feedback as normal.
- Should generate the same system note on the issue page and the epic page, exactly as if you performed this association from the UI of the epic page.