provide a means to easily convert a gitlab issue to a jira issue
Problem to solve
We are a large enterprise and have teams that use gitlab for tracking issues and other teams that use jira for tracking issues. We would like a means to easily convert a gitlab issue into a jira issue.
We don't see all of our teams ever adopting a single issue tracking tool. Teams looking for a lightweight tool tightly integrated with their git workflow are likely to gravitate towards gitlab. Teams looking for a more powerful program management tool are likely to gravitate towards jira.
It is fairly common for teams using gitlab issues to want to assign a given issue to another team. If the destination team is using jira, their goal is to easily move the issue to jira.
Provide UI in gitlab that:
- allows gitlab issue user to pick destination project in Jira
- allows user to pick issue type
- converts gitlab issue title into Jira issue summary
- converts gitlab issue description into Jira issue description
- convert any gitlab issue comments into Jira issue comments
- auto-closes the GitLab issue
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
A UI that satisfies the proposal