Issue board assignee lists
- For both project boards and group boards, have the ability to add "assignee columns".
- Issues that appear in an assignee column are issues in which that user is an assignee.
- The sum of the issue counts remains the same, as the trash icon to remove the list.
- For the tier (as shown in the issue sidebar label), we have this feature, for lower tiers, we do not.
- For a lower tier, you do not show assignee lists.
- If a board previously had an assignee list, but the license of the current GitLab instance has been downgraded, don't show assignee lists (even though they existing in the database).
- For a lower tier, the UI will allow you to add just a label list using the normal dropdown we have today.
Moving issues from the backlog
- Backlog -> Assignee: The assignee is added
- Backlog -> Label: The label is added
- Backlog -> Closed: The issue is closed
Moving issues from an assignee list
- Assignee -> Backlog: The assignee is removed
- Assignee -> Assignee: The first assignee is removed and the second is added
- Assignee -> Label: The assignee is kept and the label is added
- Assignee -> Closed: The issue is closed
Moving issues from a label list
- Label -> Backlog: The label is removed.
- Label -> Assignee: The label is kept and the assignee is added
- Label -> Label: The first label is removed and the second is added
- Label -> Closed: The issue is closed.
Moving issues from the Closed list
- Closed -> Backlog: The issue is reopened
- Closed -> Assignee: The issue is reopened and the assignee is added
- Closed -> Label: The issue is reopened and the label is added
When you click the
Add list button, you get a tabbed dropdown, and
Label list is the default one.
There's a short help text line at the top of each tab. The copy for each of them is:
- Label list: "Label lists show all issues with the selected label."
- Assignee list: "Assignee lists show all issues assigned to the selected user."
|Label list||Assignee List|
Once an assignee list is added, its header shows the user's avatar, full name and
The spec previews can be found here