Add Pod Logs to Operations tab
Many of our Operations related features can be hard to find. Metrics is buried within an icon for an individual environment, and pod logs are buried insight of deploy boards.
While these work flows make sense, we should add a way to get to them directly from the Operations tab that is now available in 11.0.
With the addition of the
Operations tab, we should continue to add operations related features to it. One obvious one is our pod logs support. This will drastically increase the discoverability of the feature, as well as make it more accessible.
We should add a new
Logs item to the Operations tab as follows:
- Second item underneath the Operations tab, under
- Upon initial view, we show pods for the
productionenvironment, if one exists.
- If no pods are found, show an empty state with a link to Pod Logs docs
- Clicking a pod in Deploy Boards will now take you to this page, for the environment/pod in question.
Empty state for "Pod logs"
- Title: "No pod logs found"
- Description: "Unable to identify environment pods or retrieve logs."
- Button label: "Learn about pod logs"
- Link: https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/deploy_boards.html#enabling-deploy-boards