Massive Stability Issues on Gitlab.com
I'm not sure what the exact bug is, or if this is even the right forum to report it, but over the past 1-2 months, we've noticed severe degradation in responsiveness and reliability of gitlab.com. Problems we've encountered:
- Private runners losing communication and requiring a restart/re-registration
- Inability to push/pull from our repositories due to rejected credentials. This one happened again this morning, with
ssh -T email@example.com with
ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
- Merge requests not showing latest commits
- Pipelines lagging by minutes after a commit before they even appear in the UI
- Merge Request view unable to communicate with Pipelines service
- Pipeline jobs completing, but Pipeline service not recognizing a job has completed for several minutes, preventing downstream phases from starting
- Pipelines completing but UI lagging by several minutes before marking the pipeline as complete instead of "In Progress"
- Periodic inability to connect to gitlab.com from web browser
I'm not sure what happened. Using gitlab.com used to be a great experience. Now, it's getting frustrating to the point that we're considering alternatives; not only for our repositories hosted on the SaaS offering, but also for our enterprise licenses.