Geo: admin panel for uploads
In support of providing a robust disaster recovery solution for GitLab we are building verification tools. To make sure that verification isn't overlooked we should automatically run verification tasks in the background to check the health of secondaries, specifically of uploads.
The backend changes are described in the following issues:
- #7184 Constantly verify uploads on Geo primary
- #7257 Geo: Automatically verify uploads on secondaries
- #7258 Geo: Automatically heal uploads on secondaries
The feature will work similar as the Geo projects panel: #7126 (closed)
So admins can see lists of uploads, with their state (OK, mismatch, missing, etc?), and optionally have some buttons to reverify or sync from one node to another.
- Build Rails controller CRUD
- Build frontend UI
UX for high-level view of upload verification
We can add similar bars for uploads next to these.
UX for Admin > Geo > Uploads
We can copy UI from Admin > Geo > Projects.
Don't forget to do
- Ensure orphaned uploads are handled #5916 (closed)