Estimated completion date in roadmap epic bar
- Refer to epic for context.
- Based on &76:
- Epics with weights, and in particular open weights.
- Groups with capacity.
- Groups assigned to epics.
- We have an algorithm to calculate an estimate when epics will be finished.
- We display this estimated completion date for these epics on the roadmap. So an epic will be in general, estimated to be completed early or completed late.
- We likely don't want to display this date information on the epic itself, because it will be determined by the algorithm, which should be only relevant in the context of a roadmap view.
Rough outline of algorithm
- Look at a given roadmap view of epics.
- For a given group that has been assigned to at least one of the epics in the roadmap view, assume that it's capacity will contribute to that epic going forward.
- Assume that if multiple groups are assigned to an epic, then they contribute uniformly to the epic's remaining weight.
- Based on the assumptions above, you would calculate when an epic is done.
- This is calculated when we render the roadmap view.
- Pending further details and discussion. We need to consider how to do this calculation technically, what is reasonable, and if we need to make any further simplifying assumptions.