Unable to delete branch not matching push rule naming
Unable to delete branch in web interface due to push rule
Steps to reproduce
- Create a repository "push-rule-test"
- Create a branch named users/peter
- Set the repo's push rule branch name to something that the branch won't match, e.g.
- Try to delete the branch in the web interface
- This won't work, without any error message
(How one can reproduce the issue - this is very important)
What is the current bug behavior?
In 10.2.4-ee, the browser asks for confirmation when pressing the "Delete" button, then nothing happens. No error message.
What is the expected correct behavior?
After confirming that the branch shall really be deleted, optionally mentioning that it does not match the branch naming rules, the branch shall be deleted.
At the very least, display a message why the branch cannot be deleted. But IMHO the admin interface should always work, regardless any repository rules.
Output of checks
On gitlab.com, the button to delete the branch does have no effect, i.e. the browser will not even ask for confirmation to delete the branch.
Results of GitLab environment info