[Meta] Improvements for Browser Performance Testing
We have shipped an initial MVC in %10.3 of browser performance testing, indicating the direction we plan to go. We have quite a few improvements we would like to make to this feature in the coming releases, to really improve the value and ease of use:
- Support additional metrics per page, like time to first paint and page size (#4370 (closed))
- Extend JSON format to support metrics where lower is better, like: time to first load, number of requests, etc. (#4367 (closed))
- Enable support for including more than just the JSON report in the artifact zip (#2877 (closed))
- Single click from metric in MR widget to HTML artifact with more information (#4366)
- Hide metrics that have not changed (#4369)
We hope to tackle these in the short term to improve the functionality of not just performance metric analysis, but also more broadly all of our MR analytics.