- Allow epics of epics
- To be designed and implemented together with #2036.
- A given epic can have one parent epic.
- A given epic can have any number of children epics.
- A given epic can have any number of children issues. (This is existing functionality.)
- In a given epic, below the description, you can see the tree structure, including the issues and their subissues.
- When all the immediate children (issues and subepics) of a given epic is closed, the given epic is closed.
Inheriting start and end dates
- With #6157 (closed), an epic can either use fixed dates or inherit dates from issues.
- Update the inherit mode so it also considers subepics.
- Only consider the immediate children issues and subepics of the given epic to do the inheritance.
- So that it doesn't get too complicated. But at the same time, if your whole tree of epics is using inheritance, the dates will bubble up.