Advanced Cycle Analytics
In its current form cycle analytics is a nice MVP for the concept of visualising an improving your cycle time or time to value. But it's not nearly as good as it can be.
Cycle analytics should help you improve your time to value actively and show you progress.
This is issue is to be preceded by fixing the data in cycle analytics, so that it works across almost all projects.
- record history and show this (past performance, % improved, graphs)
- Show how much you've improved for each step over past period
- Graph on top showing overall and step-by-step speed over time
- To help you improve: comparison with other projects in your instance?
Initially, let's make cycle analytics more useful at GitLab to help us monitor and improve our process:
- reduce duration of CI tests
- current median test time is 90 minutes for GitLab CE, let's visualize and track improvements #3718
- reduce merge request age and size
Links / references
What is it? Why should someone use this feature? What is the underlying (business) problem? How do you use this feature?
Who is this for? Provide one or more use cases.
Make sure these are completed before closing the issue, with a link to the relevant commit.