Part of Auto DevOps gitlab-ce#35712
Auto log automatically gatherers and searches the logs of applications that are deployed with GitLab.
- Use the Elastic Search cluster already needed for GitLab Search? Does logging need different tuning than search? Is it a problem that CE doesn't do search via Elastic Search?
- Should we use FluentD since it is a cloud native standard?
- How do we allow people to search the logs from GitLab?
- How much should we help with tuning and maintaining the Elastic Search installation?
- Should we only gather application logs or many more?