Part of Auto DevOps gitlab-ce#35712
Auto log automatically gathers and searches the logs of applications that are deployed with GitLab.
Just like our Prometheus monitoring, logging can be deployed per application, this way we can easily scale it to millions of applications.
- Use the Elastic Search cluster already needed for GitLab Search? Does logging need different tuning than search? Is it a problem that CE doesn't do search via Elastic Search?
- Should we use FluentD since it is a cloud native standard?
- How do we allow people to search the logs from GitLab?
- How much should we help with tuning and maintaining the Elastic Search installation?
- Should we only gather application logs or many more?