Close and reopen epic via quick action
Problem and proposal
- For GitLab to use this, we need everyone (all GitLabbers that is) to be able to close and open/reopen epics. But we don't everyone deleting them. So we have to create the ability to open/reopen and close.
- This issue is the first step. We chose to use a quick action as a first step to minimize scope in this small iteration (Summit). In future iterations, we will add other standard features like closing via buttons in the UI. See &145 (closed).
- Reporter+ role in the group can close an epic.
- Reporter + role in the group can reopen an epic.
- Epic view of a closed epic. Probably an open badge and a closed badge.
Buttons to close/reopen.#7013 (closed).
System note.#7015 (closed)
- Quick actions to close an epic and reopen an epic.
/close Close this epic
/reopen Reopen this epic
Comment and close button.#7013 (closed)
Tabs on the epics list to show open versus closed.#7014 (closed) API updates to expose the epic states and changing the epic states of open vs closed.
- When this feature is first implemented, epics should be open by default. (Not sure if a DB migration is necessary to support this.)