- For GitLab to use this, we need everyone (all GitLabbers that is) to be able to close and open/reopen epics. But we don't everyone deleting them. So we have to create the ability to open/reopen and close.
- Reporter+ role in the group can close an epic.
- Reporter + role in the group can reopen an epic.
- Need state badge of the epic to reflect archived closed and opened.
- Epic view of a closed epic. Probably an open badge and a closed badge.
- Buttons to open/close/reopen.
- System note.
- Quick actions.
- Comment and close button.
- Tabs on the epics list to show open versus closed.
- API updates to expose the epic states and changing the epic states of open vs closed.
- DB Migration which adds column and sets state for existing epics, TODO: which state to use for existing epics? "Open" by default, "closed" for epics which has all issues closed?