Expand and collapse roadmap epic bars
- Roadmap bars will need to be expanded and collapsed to see additional details.
- Depending on the order we work on things, an epic bar will have at least a list of issues.
- We need to display those issues.
- We should also design out how nested epics may work.
- It's not clear whether we should implement this first or the time scaling UI first.
- This is a common design: https://blog.aha.io/release-planning-template-product-managers
- The benefit is that you can always see an overview of all the roadmap bars in the sidebar. It is easy to click through and view a hierarchy.
- One downside is that it is an extra dedicated UI on the side of the screen. (You could collapse it.)
- Also, the content is not necessarily perfectly close to the roadmap bar itself. Again, you could manage this by using highlighting / colors, and moving the epic bar closer to the sidebar itself.
- In this case, when you click on a roadmap epic bar, it just expands, and you can keep clicking for additional deeper levels.
- Things are more inline, but the text is squished in. The benefit of the sidebar design is that you are separating the text from the bars (which already have a lot of UI).