Custom fields with enumerated (dropdown) field type
- #1906 Custom fields in issues
- #2493 Custom fields with required validation
- #2503 Custom fields in groups
- #2504 Custom fields with enumerated field type
- Add/remove/configure a custom field that is an enumerated field.
- User can specify the field name.
- The allowable field values are enumerated and specified by the user. They would appear as a dropdown to the user.
- The allowable field values are plain text.
- For a given field, you can add more enumerated values.
- For a given field, you can remove existing enumerated values.
- Open question: What happens to issues when an existing enumerated value is removed? Preferably: The issue custom field retains that value. Someone can change the field value to something else afterward. But now going forward, no issue can ever take that field value anymore.