Configure group-level issue custom field with enumerated (dropdown) field type
- Configure custom fields at the group level.
- The field is an enumerated field type.
- There is a limit on the number of number enumerated options. Each option itself is a text entry. So for example, you can define a custom field called:
Operating system, and the enumerated options could be called
- There is a limit on number of enumerated options.
- There is a limit on the number of enumerated fields per group.
Consistency design details
We should do whatever is simplest to create and maintain from a engineering perspective. Custom fields are already a very complicated and powerful feature. Especially in the first iteration, we should trust the user to make good decisions and keep the implementation very simple. My proposal for keeping it simple:
- You can delete custom fields. If you choose to delete, there is a big warning flow telling you that all the associated data would be deleted, which is what would happen.
- When you create a new custom field, there is no validation on field name uniqueness. So you can have two fields with the same name.
- We have to handle what happens when you delete one of the field's options. Probably what should happen is that all issues that have that field with that value selected, now have that field being blank.