Rebase button disabled when merge request hasn't been approved
As requested by customer:
we noticed that gitlab now enforces us to really approve not just by adding :thumbsup but by really clicking approve button.
However, as you can see in the screenshot below this seems not to be really working well with rebase strategy at the moment. Look, the branch is 19 commits behind and one cannot rebase it until it has been approved. Since during a normal working day we move rather fast, we need a simple way to rebase a branch. The “rebase branch” button from gitlab was very helpful in this sense.
Is it possible to allow rebasing, even if no approves has been made? Otherwise it slows us down a lot and we might prefer to go back to our old strategy.
Note the message displayed to the user:
Rebasing is disabled until merge request has been approved
Found in file:
Above file appears to be removed in !MR1711 so I'm no longer sure where this is handled.
Enable rebase before merge request has been approved.
Links / references
Possibly affected by:
- Why should someone use it; what's the underlying problem.
- Customer requires rebase often and disabling this feature until an MR has been approved causes significant delays to their workflow.
- What is the solution.
- Reverse the behavior "Rebasing is disabled until merge request has been approved"
- How does someone use this
- Rebase button should be enabled, instead of disabled.