Push Rule: Check if the issue exists in JIRA before allowing a merge.
(Copied from support ticket)
I've configured the commit message regex, and it works on a plain text provided in the message. (I was using web interface to edit the dummy txt file). However, I did manage to enter the non-existing jira ticket, that got matched, and commit was accepted.
Expected behavior would be that:
- gitlab rejects the commit if ticket does not exist in jira
- when pushing, the system should check if the user is also assigned to the ticket.
Implement a push rule that will integrate with JIRA and fail the push if the ticket doesn't exist or if the user isn't assigned to it.
Links / references
- This will be used to enforce workflow across both JIRA and GitLab
- A GitHook that integrates with JIRA
- The configure it as a push rule under project settings.