Commenting on a changed image in a merge request diff and a commit
- Allow commenting on a changed image on a commit
- Allow commenting on a changed image on an MR diff
- There should be some symmetry/consistency with gitlab-ce#25066 (closed).
- We will limit the scope to just commenting on a particular coordinate of the image. (Not selecting an area.) Just a particular point in the image.
- Commenting on the entire image is out of scope.
When the diff has text I can leave a line comment. When the diff is a picture I should be able to comment on a specific place in the picture.
This place should then be indicated with a number, that shows the number of comments there.
Zeplin.io, Phabricator and invisionapp.com already do this.
Update (Oct 19 2016)
The original scope of this issue was just 'diffs'. After several discussions, we have decided that there is more value with starting this work from the perspective of 'issue' comment threads.