Users cannot apply a trial to a group with an existing subscription
Users are unable to apply a trial (which is Gold level) to an existing Plan (Bronze, Silver).
This causes a number of issues:
- GitLab is possibly missing out on customer upgrade opportunities and revenue
- Users are confused and frustrated and have to create new groups to trial GitLab, which is not ideal
- Increased support tickets
Allow users to apply a Gold trial to their existing Bronze or Silver subscription, and automatically put them back on their original Plan once the trial is over.
A better experience for our users and an increase in revenue due to upgrades.
Next steps (if any)
- @tipyn: Understand the current ticket volume and potential revenue impact. Can we create a dashboard for upgrades? cc @eli_kastelein @lyle
- @jameslopez: Apply a weight estimate
- @dennis: Confirm if frontend work is needed
- @timnoah: Review any possible UX impact and provide design suggestions where necessary