Improve MR commit navigation
Members of our organization generally prefer to review a branch commit-by-commit. This allows us to review smaller amounts of code at a time and also ensure clean history.
However, the way that MR commits are navigated in GitLab is a bit awkward:
- Commits are essentially viewed outside the MR context, in the general commit navigation view.
- There's no way to see commits that come later in the branch - the only link provided is to the parent commit.
- Provide better integration of viewing MR commits into the MR context - in other words, we shouldn't leave the MR in order to view a commit.
- Provide easy navigation to commits before or after the one being viewed - photo-style back and forward buttons come to mind, but I'll be the first to admit I'm not a UI expert. :)
- Bonus: Provide a view of all commits, their diffs, and their discussions in a single page.
- Since this is actually a wait to resolve the first two items, we would find it sufficient to have just this part of the feature implemented.