Support putting the primary behind a Geo node load balancer
A customer wants to run all Geo Nodes behind a location aware load balancer so their users don't need knowledge of Geo.
Secondaries are writable. To users, they behave exactly like the primary.
Authentication on secondaries currently uses OAuth, using the primary as the authentication server.
Basic flow if all Geo nodes are behind
- Get redirected to
- Sign in if not already signed in
- Get redirected back to example.com
This works if:
- The load balancer at
https://example.comuses sticky sessions
- The primary is accessible at a unique URL (e.g.
- The secondaries know the primary's unique URL
Secondaries already use
GeoNode#url field for this.
- Validate in Rails that the primary URL is unique.
- Can we add this constraint in the DB, only for the primary? Secondary URLs may not be unique.
- Add/modify documentation for this use case
- Customer ticket: https://gitlab.zendesk.com/agent/tickets/106018 (internal use)
- Slack discussion during customer call: https://gitlab.slack.com/archives/C32LCGC1H/p1540571721004700 (internal use)