Q4 OKR: Provide improved documentation experience for the top 10 Jobs to be Done (JTBD) by improving discovery and making content more relevant and usable => 0%
Review and improve the doc experience around 13 Experience Baseline (now renamed to UX Scorecard) JTBDs, continuing on the work started in &1678.
About Experience Baselines and JTBD: https://about.gitlab.com/handbook/engineering/ux/experience-baseline-recommendations/
Requirements for Each Selected JTBD
- Review existing info - Review the UX issues, walkthrough video, and recommendations. If you have any questions, ask the Product Designer who performed the experience baseline review for your JTBD.
Review SEO - Review the experience as a user searching for how to perform the JTBD, both on Google (for meaningful docs.gitlab.com results) and on the doc site's search. Determine whether relevant pages and meaningful titles/subheadings exist so that the search is successful, or any content improvements that would help with the search.
- Document and improve SEO - Specify one or more search queries that a user would use for this JTBD, their current result via Google and Algolia, a grading of the current result, and a final result after changes are made to the section.*
- Consider potential UI doc link - Determine if any aspect of the JTBD experience (per the UX review) could be enhanced by linking from the UI to the most relevant, contextual documentation content, and collaborate with the Product Designer to implement this.*
Review and improve documentation content - Ensure the relevant docs content is clear on what's possible in GitLab related to the JTBD, and how to go about it.
- Test the instructions (to the extent they were not yet tested in the experience baseline review) and identify new content or improvements that are needed. Specifically, determine if any content is unclear, inaccessible to new users (e.g. using technical terms without defining/linking), includes incorrect or outdated information or screenshots, contains any gaps or missing information, is difficult to navigate due to headings or structure, or otherwise has an issue that may impede the user's ability to accomplish the JTBD.
- Based on the findings, plan documentation improvements/additions; include any documentation recommendations from the UX issue, and further, this may include: improvements to ensure clarity, conceptual accessibility to new users e.g. backlinks to more fundamental concepts, fix outdated screenshots, reorganize information for improved use/browsing, or resolve any process/content gaps or errors. Work with SMEs from the stage group as needed, and determine best content reviewer(s) from Product, Engineering, or UX, depending on the content.
- Ask questions of and share plans with the Product Designer, for review.
- Implement doc changes and share for review(s).
* Improvements in search results and UI-based doc links may need to wait until documentation improvements are made, per item 3.
Current JTBDs Identified
|Stage||Tech Writer||Job to be Done (JTBD)||Q2 UX Experience Score||TW issue||UX Evaluation issue||UX recommendations issue||Clarity of doc needs||Potential doc OKR work||Notes re doc OKR|