Feedback - Design Review Mural Template
Overall I thought it was a great experience. It forces you to be prepared for the session. As the team gets more familiar with using it for this purpose, I think it will facilitate great sessions. The addition of async possibilities is huge.
- Gives structure to the process
- Forces you to give background to the problem
- Allows for async feedback
- It allows real-time feedback without the presenter having to type
- Allows presenter to stay in the conversation
- The voting feature is great
- We traditionally had 2 15 min slots, with this being 20 min leaves on 10 min left in the meeting
- Takes time to go through (20 min seems like a tough goal, and I talk fast)
- Does take time to set up the board
Changes I made to the template
- Moved 5- Design Review Format to be the first thing. Seemed odd mentioning 5 min for background after you have given background.
- Moved Design Assets to 12. It seemed like a more natural flow to show where things are and then dive in on the actual design.
- Separated zoom and recording links so I could add links separately to each
- Was the intent to use the outline during the presentation?
- Why is the blue sticky that says "These are examples of types of feedback, correct?" there? It seems out of place.
- Designate a color (Orange maybe) for people to give feedback in and add to the instructions. This way feedback standout from other notes.
- Remove steps 1 and 2 from under the feedback section from the outline. These are great tips when setting up the board, but don't add much to the presentation.
- Move step 3 under feedback to the background section as a here is what to do after the design is presented.