New popout paradigm
Problem (the need)
Trigger users to upgrade / activate GitLab Enterprise Edition.
Solution and rationale (the what and why)
- We want to prevent taking up too much space on the page/area.
- We want users to see the marketing message only when they are interested in. It means users approach to the feature actively.
- It works like the dropdown in the sidebar when clicking
- It is used for marketing GitLab EE features currently. (It might apply to other goals in the future)
- It has a CTA button in the popout.
|From gitlab-ee#2977 (closed)||From gitlab-ee#2946 (closed)|
Usage (the when and how)
- Marketing GitLab EE features.
- An explanatory message with a CTA button.
- Click the text (like
description template). Then, the popout will show on the screen.
x, and then the popout will disappear.
Dos and don'ts (expanding on the how)
- Don't use mousing over to trigger it.
It works the similar way with rich tooltip(gitlab-ce#30495 (closed))