Package Product Foundations Document
Create a shared understanding of the user experience foundations for Package with insights from product, design, customers, business, engineering, and the wider GitLab community. The foundational questions are in this shared document. This collaborative document will help us with the following:
- Better understanding what we know and don’t know
- Prioritizing efforts based on cross-functional needs, challenges, and goals
- Identifying areas of competing goals that need to be addressed (e.g. user vs. business goals, engineering constraints vs. customer expectations)
- Onboarding new teammates
- Noticing when the landscape changes
- Holding designs accountable
This is a team effort, and anyone can and should contribute! This initiative is intended to help facilitate conversations and team alignment around understanding the people who are using our product.
Please contribute by adding questions, answers, and updates to the shared document. Submitted answers could be a link, written answer, or relevant issues. Please remove answers that are outdated if you see any. If you add content, please consider including your name (or the source of a quote) so that teammates can follow up directly with any questions.