Design pattern library: New icons - merged and checks
Both icons introduced in #83 (closed)
- Merge icon: The current “merged” MR status icon stands for “merge request” and is the same icon we use in the navigation sidebar. The new icon actually represents a merge and is in line with the style used in other Git tools.
- Merge request review icon: Currently it's not possible to know the state of a merge request from the list, to see what is blocking, what steps are left to complete. In #83 (closed) we proposed a “health” counter that shows pending items that need to be resolved before an MR can be merged. This “health” or “review is identified by a new icon. At a minimum, these include 2 items: WIP state and presence of merge conflicts. It can be extended to support: approvals, discussions, and pipeline state — in case these items are required to be resolved before merging.
|Merge icon||Merge request review icon|
Make sure these are completed before closing the issue, with a link to the relevant commit, if applicable.
- Ensure that you have broken things down into atoms, molecules, and organisms.
- Check that you have not created a duplicate of an existing pattern.
- Ensure that you have used the proper method for creating the pattern depending on the complexity. Atoms and molecules are symbols, organisms are groups.
- Make sure that typography is using text styles. When applicable used shared styles for colors.
- QA check by another UXer
- Add changes to the pattern library
- Add a merge request that includes any new or updated guidelines to the Design System
- Add an agenda item to the next UX weekly call to inform everyone (if new pattern, not yet used in the application)