Design Pattern Library: Alerts
We currently do not have our alerts documented in our pattern library.
Document the alerts in our pattern library so they may be included in designs, and easily referenced when needed.
Design use: Alerts should span the width of the column in either 1 or 2 column layout. These alerts are designed to be flexible and choosing an alert style should be based on the type of information you are trying to convey to the user, and the action you require them to take.
Language The language used in the alerts should be human, descriptive and succinct and, the substance of the message should be both digestible and addressable.
Tips alerts: Should be used to display tips on using GitLab and/or other marketing information. Tip alerts differ from Info alerts in that they don't have to display content directly related to the users task.
Dos and dont's
(Use this table to add images and text describing what’s ok and not ok.)
No related patterns
Links / references
Make sure these are completed before closing the issue, with a link to the relevant commit, if applicable.
- Ensure that you have broken things down into atoms, molecules, and organisms.
- Check that you have not created a duplicate of an existing pattern.
- Ensure that you have used the proper method for creating the pattern depending on the complexity. Atoms and molecules are symbols, organisms are groups.
- Make sure that typography is using text styles. When applicable used shared styles for colors.
- QA check by another UXer
- Add changes to the pattern library
- Create an issue to add the pattern documentation to the Design System. Mark it as related to this issue.
[ ] Add an agenda item to the next UX weekly call to inform everyone (if new pattern, not yet used in the application)