Design Pattern Library - Resize the icons
We'll resize the icon in the following ways:
- Bounding box:
- Live area:
14px(If the icon like
commitis wide but short, the recommended width is
- Make sure the icons balance the visual weight in the particular usage.
- For example,
Retryicon on CI/CD is smaller than other icons originally, so we will make the icons smaller.(gitlab-ce#41224 (closed))
- Resize the icons in gitlab-design/progress/hazel/gitlab-icons
- Update the icons in gitlab-elements.sketch
- Update the icons on brand.ai
Update the icons in
Make sure these are completed before closing the issue, with a link to the relevant commit, if applicable.
- Ensure that you have broken things down into atoms, molecules, and organisms.
- Check that you have not created a duplicate of an existing pattern.
- Ensure that you have used the proper method for creating the pattern depending on the complexity. Atoms and molecules are symbols, organisms are groups.
- Make sure that typography is using text styles. When applicable used shared styles for colors.
- QA check by another UXer
- Add changes to gitlab-elements.sketch
- Add a merge request that includes any new or updated guidelines to the GitLab Design System
- Add an agenda item to the next UX weekly call to inform everyone (if new pattern, not yet used in the application)