Child epic icon to denote nesting in lists and trees
For some MVC work- we need an icon to help denote that an epic is a child or sub-epic of a parent epic in the context of the view a user is in. An example of this would be this issue. The interesting thing about child-epics to me is that they can also be parent epics, it just depends on the context and where the user is in the hierarchy.
Places this icon could possibly be used: Epic tree, epic list, issue list, roadmap are probably the main cases.
This epic could conflict with the epic icon, and could conflict with that status of open/closed if we go with something similar to the epic icon. I would imagine it would imagine there could perhaps be three states:
child , child just being an indicator without status. That could probably just be
open-child though if we follow the awesome patterns @jeldergl has been developing.
|Roadmap (currently using epic icon)||Epic list|
We also have the concept of nesting, so I am totally open to exploring that as well, for example:
Make sure these are completed before closing the issue, with a link to the relevant commit or issue, if applicable. Get familiar with the icon contribution guidelines.
- Author: Create a Sketch file in your progress folder just for this icon.
- Author: Ask another Product Designer to review your personal Sketch file, linking them to your latest commit so they know where to find it. If they have the capacity, they should assign themselves to this issue. If not, try pinging another person.
- Reviewer: Review and approve icon in the author's personal Sketch file, according to the workflow.
- Author: Add icon to the GitLab Sketch UI Kit (pattern library and/or instance sheet), following this step-by-step process.
- Author: Ask the reviewer to review icon in the Sketch UI Kit files.
- Reviewer: Review and approve icon in the Sketch UI Kit files, according to the workflow.
- Author: Create an issue in the SVGs library to add the icon. Mark it as related to this issue.
Author: Create a new MR and follow the necessary steps to add the icon to the SVGs library.
- Assign the MR to a maintainer of the project for review.
- Author: Add a read only (FYI) agenda item to the next UX weekly call to inform everyone of the new icon, linking to this issue.