Add time notation component and add additional granularity
Coming from gitlab!18255 (comment 231752578)
Currently, we do not have an official time component documented. It has been partly developed and is in use.
Additionally our current time notation function
stringifyTime is limited in the way it can humanize time. There are use cases like the one below which need additional granularity.
This is using a standard
stringifyTimetime function and there aren't many options to change the format. A lot of the individual tests run so quick that they're registering sub 500ms durations which are getting rounded down to 0.
Develop this like any other component including usage documentation and add in the additional granularity as an option.
Dos and dont's
Links / references
Make sure these are completed before closing the issue, with a link to the relevant commit or issue, if applicable. Get familiar with the Sketch UI Kit documentation which has information on updating files, structure, fonts, and symbols.
- Author: Create a Sketch file in your progress folder with the changes required for this issue. Try to use existing symbols, layer styles, and text styles.
- Author: Ask another Product Designer to review your personal Sketch file, linking them to your latest commit so they know where to find it. If they have the capacity, they should assign themselves to this issue. If not, try pinging another person.
- Reviewer: Review and approve author's changes in their personal Sketch file, according to the workflow.
- Author: Add your changes to the GitLab Sketch UI Kit (pattern library and/or instance sheet), following this step-by-step process.
- Author: Ask the reviewer to review your changes to the Sketch UI Kit files.
- Reviewer: Review and approve author's changes to the Sketch UI Kit files, according to the workflow.
- Author: Create an issue in the Design System to update the design specs and documentation. Mark it as related to this issue.
- Author: Add a read only (FYI) agenda item to the next UX weekly call to inform everyone of these changes, linking to this issue.