Pilot: Secure Product Foundations Document
Clarify and establish a shared understanding of our user experience foundations. This involves defining cross-functional considerations from: product, customers, business, and engineering. The foundational questions are in this shared doc. This collaborative document will help us with the following:
- Better understand what we know and what we don’t know
- Prioritize efforts based on cross-functional needs, challenges, and goals
- Identify areas of competing goals that need to be addressed; for example: user vs business goals, engineering constraints vs customer expectations
- Share with new Secure teammates as onboarding education
- Awareness when answers change; and subsequently may affect other questions/answers and/or surface discrepancies
- UX considerations must be clear and transparent to all teammates; thus, holding designs accountable to the stated goals/needs
- Reduce redundancy in answering basic questions
The UX team will drive the initiative contributing to the document and will be sourcing answers from stakeholder conversations. Anyone can and should contribute! This is aimed at driving focused conversations and team alignment around understanding our customers and users.
Teammates contribute by adding answers, questions, and/or revisions to the shared document. All inputs focus on broad considerations that affect the user experience. Submitted answers can be a link, written answer, or relevant issue(s). Remove answers that are outdated and/or incorrect. If you add an answer/revision, please include your name (or quote source) so that teammates can follow up directly with any questions. When changes have been applied ping the team for shared awareness.