Focus state for error validations
I am unable to find guidance around the focus state of inputs that contain error validation. If this already exists, please feel free to close this issue!
My assumption is that the focus state would convey the underlaying error state of the form input (A in the screenshot). I only see our blue focus state in the library, so perhaps the intention is that inputs with error validation persist the default blue focus state (B).
My assumption is something like A above. It would be similar to the default blue focus state except the shadow and border could be
#db3b21 instead of
#77B4F4. I am open to any design exploration here though!
When an input has error validation.
Dos and dont's
Links / references
Make sure these are completed before closing the issue, with a link to the relevant commit or issue, if applicable. Get familiar with the Sketch UI Kit documentation which has information on updating files, structure, fonts, and symbols.
- Author: Create a Sketch file in your progress folder with the changes required for this issue. Try to use existing symbols, layer styles, and text styles.
- Author: Ask another Product Designer to review your personal Sketch file, linking them to your latest commit so they know where to find it. If they have the capacity, they should assign themselves to this issue. If not, try pinging another person.
- Reviewer: Review and approve author's changes in their personal Sketch file, according to the workflow.
- Author: Add your changes to the GitLab Sketch UI Kit (pattern library and/or instance sheet), following this step-by-step process.
- Author: Ask the reviewer to review your changes to the Sketch UI Kit files.
- Reviewer: Review and approve author's changes to the Sketch UI Kit files, according to the workflow.
- Author: Create an issue in the Design System to update the design specs and documentation. Mark it as related to this issue.
- Author: Add a read only (FYI) agenda item to the next UX weekly call to inform everyone of these changes, linking to this issue.