Contributing to GitLab Runner
Contributions are welcome!
The official repository for this project is on GitLab.com.
Contributor license agreement
Managing build dependencies
GitLab Runner uses Godep to manage its dependencies - they get checked into the repository under the
vendor/ directory, with a manifest
If your contribution adds, removes or updates any dependencies to the runner, please ensure the vendored copies updated in lock-step. If you're new to Go, or Godep, here is a conservative process to follow:
- Start with a completely empty GOPATH with the right Go version (currently 1.7.1). GVM makes this easy.
- Clone the repository into this GOPATH, e.g.:
go get gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ci-multi-runner
go get github.com/tools/godep
- Change directory:
godep restore -v && rm -rf Godeps vendorto un-vendor the dependencies.
- Make your changes, running
go get [-u] <packages>as necessary to add or update packages.
- When finished, run
godep save -v ./...to recreate the Godeps and vendor directories
- Check that all the added or changed dependencies are compatible with the runner's license.
- Commit your changes in one commit (or set of commits), followed by the changes to
vendor/in a final commit, then push to a fork or branch.
- Check out your branch in a new clean GOPATH and ensure
make verifyruns without error.
- Open a merge request!