Streamline the content of notification emails
In notification emails, the actual content of the email is often buried under several blocks of chrome — and may even be truncated or completely missing. Ideally, the notification emails would be like real emails: a short message of meaningful text, sent from the author of the change that triggered the notification.
This MR includes the following changes to notification emails:
- Remove much of the chrome (e.g. the "GitLab" header)
- Emphasize the content (no more small, grayed-out content)
- Add missing informations to the emails (issue description in "new issue" email, file name in "diff comment" email)
- Add a consistent "View in GitLab" link in the footer
- The assignee is displayed only if someone is assigned
- Fix a rendering bug when viewing emails with Zimbra
We use these patches at Capitaine Train, and it has been a surprisingly big productivity boost for us.