Remove minimum required characters for fuzzy search if no trigram is used
What does this MR do?
Issue: #40379 (closed)
When not using trigram indexes (when using a CTE fence) we don't incur a penalty searching for single-character fuzzy matches, so let's allow it!
This affects both issues and merge requests when searching under a group or project. It does not apply to global search, nor does it apply to searches initiated via the dashboard.
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry
- Documentation created/updated or follow-up review issue created
- Code review guidelines
- Merge request performance guidelines
- Style guides
- Database guides
- Separation of EE specific content
Performance and testing
- Review and add/update tests for this feature/bug. Consider all test levels. See the Test Planning Process.
- Tested in all supported browsers
If this MR contains changes to processing or storing of credentials or tokens, authorization and authentication methods and other items described in the security review guidelines:
Label as security and @ mention
- The MR includes necessary changes to maintain consistency between UI, API, email, or other methods
- Security reports checked/validated by a reviewer from the AppSec team
refs #40379 (closed)