Add ProjectMetricsDashboardSetting model and table
What does this MR do?
Dependent on !27558 (merged), hence the WIP
Issue: #57171 (closed)
This MR adds a new table called
project_metrics_settings with a column called
The user can set this URL. When set, a button will be displayed on the metrics dashboard page (design in the issue) which opens the URL in a new tab. This MR contains the backend changes to support this.
- A new table called
- A new model called ProjectMetricsSetting.
- Changes to Projects::Settings::OperationsController to allow the update endpoint to accept new parameters.
- Changes to Projects::Operations::UpdateService to update the external_dashboard_url.
EE port: gitlab-ee!11387 (merged)
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry
- Documentation created/updated or follow-up review issue created
- Code review guidelines
- Merge request performance guidelines
- Style guides
- Database guides
- Separation of EE specific content
Performance and testing
- Review and add/update tests for this feature/bug. Consider all test levels. See the Test Planning Process.
- Tested in all supported browsers
If this MR contains changes to processing or storing of credentials or tokens, authorization and authentication methods and other items described in the security review guidelines:
Label as security and @ mention
- The MR includes necessary changes to maintain consistency between UI, API, email, or other methods
- Security reports checked/validated by a reviewer from the AppSec team