Add gitlab-managed option to clusters form
What does this MR do?
Add "gitlab-managed" option to Clusters form
What are the relevant issue numbers?
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry added, if necessary
- Documentation created/updated via this MR
- Documentation reviewed by technical writer or follow-up review issue created
- Tests added for this feature/bug
- [-] Tested in all supported browsers
- Conforms to the code review guidelines
- Conforms to the merge request performance guidelines
- Conforms to the style guides
- [-] Conforms to the database guides
- [-] Link to e2e tests MR added if this MR has Requires e2e tests label. See the Test Planning Process.
- [-] Security reports checked/validated by reviewer
Closes #56557 (closed)
Backend - todo
Add a new column to
Clusters::Cluster. It could be:
managed. In this case, we need to default to
true- !26675 (merged)
user_provided?, so we can use
managed?- !26567 (merged)
- Add the new field in the view, pass it to the controller and ensure is saved in database. - !26096 (closed)
- Ensure this field is not editable on the Cluster form after the cluster has been created
managedavoid creation of Kubernetes resources for GCP and user clusters.
ci_preparing_stateis not enabled
- Manual QA
Manual QA - When
ci_preparing_state is not enabled
Clusters managed by GitLab
|GCP-provided cluster||Resources created||User-provided cluster||Resources created|
Clusters not managed by GitLab
|Cluster managed by GitLab||Resources created||User-provided cluster||No Resources created|
Manual QA - When
ci_preparing_state is enbled
GCP Cluster managed by GitLab
|Cluster||Resources before ADO pipeline||Pipeline||Resources after ADO pipeline||URL|
GCP Cluster not-managed by GitLab
|Cluster||Resources before ADO pipeline||Pipeline (fails due to missing namespace)||Resources after ADO pipeline|