Automatically migrate old merge request diffs to object storage - take two
What does this MR do?
This is like !25432 (merged) , but attempts to avoid a difficult scheduler that scans the
merge_request_diffs worker by enqueuing migration operations in response to actions taken by the user (close an MR, merge an MR, push to an MR).
This means we lose the "after 7 days" part of the spec, but also means we can provide most of the requested feature without too much difficulty.
- On push
- On merge
- On close
@jramsay @DowueM @NikolayS WDYT to this alternative approach? The code is still quite shaky, and I've not tackled the "on push" case yet (I'm guessing we just need to touch
MergeRequests::UpdateService), but it definitely means we drop the 7-day cutoff. There's been basically no movement on the other MR for a fortnight, and I'm concerned that it could miss %11.10 as-is.
What are the relevant issue numbers?
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry added, if necessary
- Documentation created/updated via this MR
- Documentation reviewed by technical writer or follow-up review issue created
- Tests added for this feature/bug
- Tested in all supported browsers
- Conforms to the code review guidelines
- Conforms to the merge request performance guidelines
- Conforms to the style guides
- Conforms to the database guides
- Link to e2e tests MR added if this MR has Requires e2e tests label. See the Test Planning Process.
- Security reports checked/validated by reviewer
Closes #54670 (closed)